Overloaded with thoughts, ideas, phrases and actions items to execute on, I summarized them with an alphabetical listing.
Having just returned from year one of my EO Entrepreneurial Masters Program, I’ve been asked a few times what the best take-aways were. Each time I’ve heard the question I’ve been unable to answer succinctly as there was simply too much to narrow it down well. With sixty five other entrepreneurs from around the world, we spent nearly 16 hours each day learning from great speakers and from each other. Talk about overload!
For myself and those interested, here are the lists.
The top two take aways from EO EMP Year 1:
- I’ve returned to my home knowing 65 new friends, all of who shared some of their past, present and future with me, much of it very heartfelt. The remarkable experience labeled as the night of the living dead.
- Significant clarity on what needs to be done in order to upgrade my business from the good that it is to the great that it will be.
There would have been a third take away in the list but it in an of itself if the other list, the alphabet. Key thoughts and phrases… they mean something different to everyone and a relevant in business and in life.
- Look for the pattern
- You get what you focus on and become like those that you spend time with
- Every day that you tolerate mediocrity is another day of saying, “I was just kidding about excellence”
- Communicate courageously and relentlessly
- Set clear and binary goals
- I’m good at what I do and I do it because I care about you
- Ambiguity breeds mediocrity
- People are safe, ideas are not
- Notice everything, always be collecting data
- You cannot sit on two toilets at once
- People eat with their eyes
- Think exponential, not incremental
- Find and ask the right question
- Keep running your old factory while you build your new factory
- Give your big idea a name and a theme
- Communicate one idea over and over again
- Virtual structure: less stuff = more success
- Your brand is found in the hearts and minds of your customers
- Your packaging is how they remember you
- Start dreaming again
- Accountability creates engagement
- Visibility creates accountability
- The enemy of execution is business as usual
- You cannot grow your business, only your people can. It’s called a company, not a lonely
- Bet on yourself and bet big
- Leave nothing unsaid